I went to the Canada’s Next Star audition with my kids. We got there at 6am and stayed until about 2pm. Therefore, there are a few things that you should do before you go.
- Be ready for rain or shine. Bring an umbrella in case it rains.
- Bring some food and drinks. A parent can leave to get some food and drinks from a nearby store and/or restaurant, but having some beforehand does not hurt.
- Bring some entertainment. It is a long wait, therefore, a good book, newspaper, and/or portable gaming system are good for those long lineups.
- Bring a portable chair and/or a yoga mat. If it is not raining, a portable chair and/or a yoga mat comes in handy when you have to wait for a couple of hours.
- Bring a pair of earplugs. It does get noisy at times because of screaming kids. Since this is an audition for a TV show, they will take shots of screaming fans and will require some enthusiasm.
- Bring a camera. It is the kids time to shine. They will want to remember the day they went to an audition for a TV show. My kids did not make it, but they had fun.
It seems that the link that I have provided is deleted. Therefore, I will provide a link to the generic next star website at http://nextstar.ytv.com/index.aspx.
When the Next Star comes to Canada again, I will provide a link to it.